The internet as we know it is rapidly advancing. There are tons of AI tools coming into view which include the ChatGPT software. Since the introduction of these tools, there has been a lot more content being put out on the internet. It has also become extremely difficult to try and tell which contents are made by humans.
But is there any method or trick you can use to detect AI-generated content? Including essays, codes, and art? Luckily, there are tons of methods available for you to do this. In this article, we are going to guide you through all you need to know and at the end, you should be able to easily detect any content from ai.
How To Detect AI-Generated Content
Several algorithms can detect natural writing patterns and these tools have been around for a pretty long time. If you want to verify the originality of a content, here’s how you can do it:
Use an AI Detecting tool:
As mentioned, there are tons of AI-detecting tools on the internet that you can use to scan several written contents to determine whether they are AI or not. These tools make use of advanced algorithms that notice patterns in texts to determine their originality (since AI contents as a whole, lack originality).
There are several popular ai content tools like Originality.ai. This tool makes use of a combination of several language models to better predict content and give you results. When you scan content through these AI-detecting tools, they will display an AI detection score. For example, if it shows an originality score of 92% then you are pretty sure that the content was written by humans.
What you should also note is that human written content can also defer from a natural writing pattern. When this happens, the AI scanner will detect it as AI content. So, according to statistics, if the AI detector displays the AI percentage of content to be around 40%, this should be your indicator that the content was written by AI. If the AI percentage in content is less than 20%, it is likely to be written by a human.
Search for Technical signs:
AI content is always trying its best to mimic human writing but it often strays too far in this regard. There are a few technical signs you can notice in a content that you can easily use to determine if it was written by ai or not. Some of these technical signs include:
- Lots of unnecessary punctuation like the exclamation mark (!) and hyphens (-).
- Having really low grammatical errors throughout the content. Of course, there are tools like Grammarly and Turnitin that can help correct grammar but you should be on the lookout for flashy and big words being used all over the content.
- Lack of in-depth analysis on a topic. AI tools are great at collecting data but not great at converting these data into anything that could be meaningful.
- Very short sentences throughout the length of the content. This is because AI tools aren’t able to fully mimic human writing to effectively write or link long spans of sentences.
You can also see how to make money with ChatGPT easily here.
How To Detect AI-Generated Essay
Detecting AI-generated essays is not so different from the methods above. What do you need to do? Scan the essay through an AI content detector like Originality.ai or any AI content detector on the internet (there are tons of them) like Turnitin, Writer, etc. Remember, an AI detection score of 40% or more in an essay is a high indication of being AI written.
You should also make sure you look out for technical signs like punctuation, length of sentences, and depth just like we had mentioned. With this, you should be able to easily detect and differentiate between AI and human-written essays.
How To Detect AI-Generated Code
Ai content generators are not just limited to texts and essays, they are also able to create and stack codes. With the quality of codes being generated by AI, it is really difficult to tell the difference between what a human would code and what an AI has generated. Luckily, there are a few ways you can go around it and tell the difference. Let’s head on to a few practical methods you can use to detect an AI-generated code:
Use an AI detector:
A lot of AI text detectors do an astonishingly good job of detecting codes that are generated by AI. Most of these AI detectors are found all over the internet but it is recommended that you use OpenAi’s model of AI detection as it is accurate compared to others.
Search for Technical Signs:
Just like an essay, there are a few technical signs in a stack of codes that can easily help you determine if a code was AI-generated. What exactly are these technical signs to look out for?
- Lack of comments: Most of the codes generated by AI do not have comments or they lack them. Comments are always added by humans to give better context about a given section of code or more.
- Weird Variable names: When naming variables, humans tend to name them with a given context in mind which makes the code easier to read. But AI-generated content on the other hand makes use of unusual variable names that are often (if not always) confusing.
- Complexity: Human-written codes are usually easy to replicate or copy because of the simple style of stacking up the codes. A clear indicator of an AI-generated code is when the codes are complex to write manually due to many conditionals and nested loops.
How To Detect AI-Generated Art
Unlike essays or codes that are in text forms, arts are pictorial and this makes it seem difficult to try and detect whether art is AI-generated. Here’s what you can do to detect AI-generated art:
Use GAN Detector:
GAN is short for Generative Adversarial Network and it is an AI tool that you can use to detect AI-generated art. There are tons of GAN tools found on the internet that can be used to detect AI art (and also create some). One thing to understand is that it isn’t always 100% accurate when it comes to detecting AI-generated art.
Search For Watermarks:
A lot of AI-generated art usually comes with a specific watermark from the tool’s company. This is usually an easy indicator of AI art but unfortunately, with a premium plan, a lot of people can produce AI art without the watermark.
Look for Odd Parts in The Image
Most AI art looks good when noticed from a distance, with a closer look you will get to spot unusual and weird things in the image. For example, in an AI picture, the faces in the background might lack details like eyes, noses, and even mouths. Here are a few other things you can use to detect AI art:
- Missing earrings or they may be inconsistent (I.e the character might be wearing an earring on only one ear)
- Multiple and weirdly shaped fingers and toes.
- The facial features are often unusually crooked.
- Worn accessories like watches and necklaces unusually blend into the skin.
At first glance, it might seem difficult to detect AI-generated content, essay, codes, and art. But with the correct set of tools and techniques, you can easily detect these AI-generated contents. In this article, we have given you all that you will need to know and by now, you should be able to detect AI content quite easily.