The rapper hailing from Queens popularly known as Barbie has officially launched her new Operator bundle within the realms of Modern Warfare II and Warzone, securing her place as the first “self-named female Operator” in the history of the franchise. Predictably, her presence is already causing quite a stir.
Nicki strides across the battleground donning six-inch heels and cascades of vibrant pink hair, serving as a striking contrast to the majority of characters within the game. She’s also equipped with an array of voiceovers, all personally recorded by Minaj herself, resulting in some uproarious in-game moments. Understandably, footage featuring the Nicki character has rapidly inundated social media platforms.
Devotees have speedily shared video snippets of their encounters as Nicki, whether it’s experimenting with her flamboyant finishing moves or creatively rapping their renditions of her songs to accompany gameplay.
Numerous catchphrases borrow directly from the lyrics of her renowned tracks, encompassing her contributions to songs like Kanye West’s “Monster,” A$AP Ferg’s “Plain Jane (Remix),” and Justin Bieber’s “Beauty and a Beat.” Additionally, she acknowledges her devoted “Barb Squad” fans and offers amusing taunts.
Her presence, bedecked with pink locks, has injected an element of lightheartedness into the online shooting game. However, not everyone seems to be in favor, as expressed by some players.
In fact, certain players have skillfully synchronized clips from the game with her music tracks.
But Nicki isn’t the solitary diva to have made an appearance in video games recently. After all, Ariana Grande became a playable character in Fortnite during 2021. Nonetheless, in terms of meme generation stemming from this trend, none are executing it quite like the Queen.
For those intrigued, the Nicki Minaj Operator bundle is available for purchase within the in-game Call of Duty store. Modern Warfare II is one of the most realistic games that is accessible on a variety of platforms including PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
About Call of Duty
Call of Duty is a highly popular first-person shooter video game franchise developed by various studios, with Activision being the publisher. The series is known for its intense and immersive gameplay that often revolves around military conflicts and historical events. Here’s an overview of some of the main titles and aspects of the series:
- Call of Duty (2003): The first game in the series was set in World War II and focused on infantry and vehicular combat. It gained popularity for its realistic portrayal of historical battles.
- Call of Duty 2 (2005): This sequel continued the World War II setting, introducing improved graphics and gameplay mechanics.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007): This installment marked a significant shift by moving away from historical settings and into a contemporary, modern setting. It introduced a more cinematic and story-driven experience.
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008): A return to World War II, this game also featured a more mature and intense narrative along with a cooperative zombie mode that became highly popular.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009): This sequel to Modern Warfare continued the story with even more intense action and controversial moments. It’s remembered for its memorable campaign and multiplayer experiences.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010): Set during the Cold War, this game introduced a complex narrative and a mix of historical and fictional events.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011): The conclusion to the Modern Warfare trilogy, it wrapped up the storyline of characters introduced in the first game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012): This game took a unique approach by featuring two interconnected storylines—one set in the 1980s and the other in the near-future of 2025.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013): Ghosts introduced a new storyline and gameplay mechanics while maintaining the series’ signature fast-paced action.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014): This game delved into futuristic technology and exoskeletons, changing the gameplay dynamics significantly.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015): Another entry in the Black Ops series, this game expanded on the futuristic elements with a focus on cybernetics and superhuman abilities.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019): A reimagining of the original Modern Warfare, this game rebooted the storyline with a modern context, focusing on realistic and intense scenarios.
- Call of Duty: Warzone (2020): Warzone is a free-to-play battle royale mode set in the Modern Warfare universe, offering large-scale multiplayer combat on a vast map.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (2020): This game continued the Black Ops storyline while connecting it with the events of the original Black Ops game.
The Call of Duty franchise has expanded to include various sub-series, spin-offs, and collaborations, resulting in a diverse range of experiences for players.
When will Nicki Minaj’s Operator bundle be introduced in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2?
In line with information from the developers, the Nicki Minaj bundle is set to make its debut in both games within the initial half of Season 5. Specifically, players can anticipate the bundle’s release on August 24, 2023.
The Nicki Minaj bundle comes with a variety of items. Here’s a comprehensive list of what’s included in the package:
Operator skin named “The Baddest”
Cronen Squall Blueprint with Tracer and Impact effects in Pink/Splat, along with a Pinkfetti Death Effect
MX Guardian Blueprint called “Super Freaky,” complete with Tracer and Impact effects in Pink/Splat, and a Pinkfetti Death Effect
Vehicle Skin titled “Nicki Whip”
Loading screen titled “Nice and Nicki”
Sticker reading “That’s my Ice Cream”
Emblem named “Ice Cream Nicki”
Finishing Move known as “Get bodied”
Prepare to embrace these additions and unleash Nicki Minaj’s vibe within the games.
Nicki Minaj Operator bundle expected price in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
The anticipated price of the Nicki Minaj Operator bundle in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 has not yet been disclosed. However, drawing from the example of Snoop Dogg’s bundle priced at 2,400 COD Points, which translates to $20 in real-world currency, it’s reasonable to expect that the Nicki Minaj bundle will likely be priced around the same range.
For eager fans eagerly awaiting the release of the bundle, this reference price can serve as a useful estimate for budgeting purposes. This will enable them to prepare in advance, ensuring they have the necessary 2,400 in-game cash to promptly acquire the bundle once it becomes available.
To obtain COD Points, players need to visit platform-specific stores such as Battle.net, Steam, PlayStation Store, or Microsoft Store. Following a successful transaction, the purchased COD Points will be accessible in both Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2.
Here are the real-world currency prices for various bundles of CoD Points:
200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.50
2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £63.99
10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
Keep in mind that these prices might vary slightly depending on the platform and region. Players should refer to their respective platform’s store for the most accurate pricing information.
When will Season 5 Reloaded of Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 begin?
At present, an exact date for the commencement of Season 5 has not been finalized by Activision. However, there is a possibility that Season 5 might initiate around August 30, as this date seems to align approximately with the midpoint of the timeline observed in previous seasons.
If things proceed as anticipated, this timeline would follow the usual pattern seen with Activision, wherein seasons tend to span about two months and launch on Wednesdays. Nevertheless, this date is not yet officially confirmed, requiring us to await an official announcement.
It’s important to acknowledge the potential for delays, given that prior seasons have encountered adjustments to their schedules in the past. For additional information, be sure to explore our comprehensive coverage of Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.